Is it time to replace my roof is one of the most frequently asked questions we get from customers. Naturally when people are in need of a roofing contractor it’s generally because of one of three reasons, they either a. need a new roof b. need to replace their roof or c. need to repair their roof. We’ve decided to help make a quick little check list of things to go over that will help you figure out if it’s time for you to give us a call. If you answer “yes” or “maybe” to anything on this list, we should talk because most likely, it’s time to replace your roof. Or at least start thinking about it.
Wondering if it’s time to replace your roof? It’s time to replace your roof if:
- If the most recent leak is another leak in a long line of other recent leaks.
- If you’re seeing water damage or stains on tiles
- If you’re missing any roof shingles or tiles
- If there is a granule loss on your asphalt shingles. It is not uncommon for minor granule loss to occur after a new roof is installed, however if they are older shingles or roof tiles, that’s a different story.
- If you’ve got any curling shingles
- If your roof shingles have got “blisters” aka become brittle and have cracks in them.
- If there was a big storm recently – you might have storm, hail, snow, rain or other flood damages
- If you have any flashing problems due to wind.
- If you have buckling in the roof decking
- If there is any sign of rotting on your roof?
- Is your roof over 15 or 20 years old?
If you answer “yes” to any of these things, it’s probably best to come consult us about replacing your roof.
Nor-Cal Roofing is Northern California’s premier choice for residential and commercial roofing projects in Chico, Orland, Corning, Oroville, Hamilton City, Durham, Paradise and other surrounding North State areas in Butte and Glenn Counties. If you would like an estimate or consultation on roofing services please feel free to call us at (530) 892-9960!